Saturday, October 2, 2010

Katraj Snake Park, Part 1















The Lonely Planet Guide to India told me that this zoo has an impressive array of snakes, but only a "mediocre assortment of wildlife." I actually found this to be the opposite when I visited. I much preferred the wildlife exhibits to the "Snake Park" section, although part of the snake park seemed to be closed off when I visited.

Although there were fewer animals than most zoos seem to have, and nearly half of them were different varieties of deer, the quality of the exhibits that they did have was impressive. The view of the animals from the path was great, and their exhibits were much larger than the exhibits for any zoo animals that I've seen in the U.S.

The scenery of the park itself was also gorgeous, and I've included several pictures of it here.

Two public parks down, eight to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment